Oppose all laws that intentionally criminalize black people:
- Citizen’s Arrest Statute
- Kill the racist gang bill-HB994
- Repeal Stand Your Ground
- Oppose HB402 which would continue the assault on bail reform in Georgia by eliminating signature bonds
- Also ask cities to fund solutions and not suffering whether that be by closing a jail or disbanding corrupt police forces.
Repair for Past and Continuing Harms: State actors like the police, immigration agents and corporations who have caused harm to Black communities must repair the harm done. Police department must acknowledge the harm their institution have caused Black families, make an official apology and commit resources to families and communities who have been forced to suffer
Prosecutor Accountability: Demand the immediate resignations of District Attorneys Jackie Johnson & George Barnhill who actively used their power in an attempt to subdue the community.
Transparent, Independent Investigations of Law Enforcement Misconduct
- Require independent investigation of every law-enforcement-involved shooting.
- Require the release of information to the families of victims within specified periods and on a regular basis.
- Require concurrent internal affairs investigations of law enforcement accused of misconduct.
Community Control: The most impacted in our communities need to control the laws, institutions, and policies that are meant to serve us – from our schools to our local budgets, economies, and police departments